The Swedish Telecom Advisors (Telekområdgivarna) provide impartial and free assistance to consumers on TV, telephone and broadband subscriptions. As a consumer, you can consult us for advice prior to entering into an agreement, and also contact us if you have already entered into an agreement with an operator and problems occur that you cannot resolve with the operator. We can provide you with guidance and in certain cases assist in the dialogue between you and the operator to actively find a solution.
How to contact us
We have three diffent online forms, depending on what your complaint is about, choose one of these (in Swedish):
Once we have received your enquiry, a legal advisor will contact you by email.
You can call our telephone advisory service on monday - thursday between 9 am and 12 noon on +46 (0)8 522 767 00.
Telekområdgivarna, Box 24157, 104 51 STOCKHOLM
Questions and complaints
If there is anything you are unsure about regarding your subscription or you want to know what rights and obligations apply from a legal perspective to your agreement, for example, we recommend that you:
- First look for the answer here on our website. The majority of our information can be found here (though mainly in Swedish), with answers to the most common questions. Please feel free to make use of the search function.
- Contact your operator. The operator must be given the opportunity to resolve the problem before you contact us, and we will need to know what response you have received from them in the first instance so that we can provide better guidance and determine how you should proceed.
- Contact us. If, despite this, you and the operator have not managed to reach a resolution, you can consult us.
Our case management procedures
If, despite taking the steps above, you and the operator have not managed to reach a solution, you can consult us. Once we have received your enquiry, the next steps are as follows:
- We will review the case based on the relevant laws, rules and rulings so that we can provide you with relevant guidance.
- If we believe that legislation, rules and rulings indicate that you are correct or that the issue is unclear, we will ask you to contact your operator once more, to present our findings.
- If you and the operator have still not managed to reach a resolution, we can contact the operator to attempt to reach a resolution.
- Please note: We can only make direct contact with the operators who are part of and finance the Swedish Telecom Advisors, as we only have contact persons within those operators.
- Please note! The fact we are impartial means that we cannot act on behalf of either the operator or consumer. Nor can we provide practical assistance with writing complaints or similar communications. If you require such assistance, we will refer you to your local municipality’s consumer consultant service.
If your operator is a part of the Swedish Telecom Advisors:
- Often, we will ask you to contact your operator again via a special contact address we will provide you with, so that you can make a written complaint with the help of our information.
- If you and the operator have still not managed to reach a resolution, after reviewing your complaint and the operator’s written response, we can contact the operator to engage them in a discussion if we feel that there are points that are not clear.
If your operator is not part of the Swedish Telecom Advisors
If your operator is not part of our organisation, we can provide you with general information on consumer law and guidance on how you can proceed.
If your matter remains unresolved
Regardless of whether your operator is part of our organisation or not, we can provide you with guidance on subsequent steps, which involve a review by the National Board for Consumer Disputes and/or submitting a notification to the relevant authority.
Review by the National Board for Consumer Disputes
If, despite the above complaints processing, we cannot contribute to resolving your case, we will provide our assessment of the likely outcome of a review by the National Board for Consumer Disputes. This information will be shared with both you as the consumer and the operator (if it is part of our organisation).
- Important! We are not an authority and do not carry out supervisory duties. In some cases, we will refer you to the relevant authority instead, for example the Post and Telecom Authority (Post- och telestyrelsen) or the Consumer Agency (Konsumentverket).
Prior to purchasing
You are welcome to make use of any of the information we provide on all kinds of technology (only available in Swedish) and factors to consider before entering into an agreement for a TV, telephone or broadband subscription.
- Please note We cannot provide guidance on which operator to choose. Nor can we provide information on prices or operators in general.
Senast uppdaterad 2023-01-09